BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICAL THERAPY
Physical Therapy is an allied medical profession included in the disciplines of Rehabilitation Medicine which is concerned with the knowledge, skills and attitudes of restoring optimal function in those with impairment brought about by any disease or injury. The emphasis is on the evaluation and management of disability brought about by neurologic, musculoskeletal and the cardiopulmonary system among others. It helps the handicapped to gain added independence, to restore or to improve his role in the society and his overall quality of life. It is offered as a five-year course. The first two years consist of General Education subjects. The Physical Therapy proper for the third and fourth years and the fifth year involves a ten-month rotation clinical internship.
- The De Los Santos - STI College of Physical Therapy aspires to gain national and international recognition in Physical Therapy education.
- To provide the country with God fearing Physical Therapists who are competent enough to uplift the status of our disabled by delivering the spectrum of modern physical therapy care.
- To maintain, if not improve the quality of physical therapy education through a training program that is dynamic and is suitable to the needs of the changing times.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation upon which their individual careers may grow with an aptitude for self-learning as a clinician, teacher, administrator and researcher.
A graduate of BS Physical Therapy is expected to:
- Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Accept responsibilities; develop ethical relationship and empathy towards superiors, colleagues, patients and community.
- Realize the need for continued professional growth and thereby make it a personal responsibility to be constantly updated.
The College of Physical Therapy is located on the ground floor of the De Los Santos Colleges Complex. The College has its on Physical Therapy Clinic which is open and available to the college’s employees and referred patients. The College adheres to De Los Santos-STI Academic Policies and Standards.